Rhonda Murphy puts fitness gifts to the test
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Christmas is just a few days away and there are a few items that are tops with fitness fans - but do they really work?
Many of us have seen those fitness items in the store and wonder if they really work.
Rhonda Murphy is the Action News fitness expert so we put her to the test to see if the equipment is Rhonda approved!
Rhonda and her assistant tried out and rated the following products:
Core Pushup (Rhonda's rating: 1 out of 5 barbells)
The Core Pushup is an excellent instability strength training device that increases the intensity of pushups and planks and maximize upper body and core strength. The steel platform and balance ball combination create an unstable surface for a variety of strength training exercises including 7 configurations printed directly on the platform. The durable balance ball inflates/deflates for variable difficulty. $59.99
HOPZ (Rhonda's rating: 2 out of 5 barbells)
Develop core and lower body fitness and endurance in the comfort of your own home with the HOPZ leap trainer. HOPZ resistance training will help you to develop explosive leg drive and power and strengthen key muscles in your lower body. HOPZ consists of resistance bands that quickly attach and release to ankle straps and belt rings. The ankle straps have built in show harnesses to keep the bands in place. Adjustable belt fits most weight sizes. Durable bands with resistance up to 40 lbs. $59.99
TRAINERroller (Rhonda's rating: 4 out of 5 barbells)
TRAINERroller is the first exercise training roller designed to guide users through an entire body workout for the easiest and most effective at home workout possible. TRAINERroller details 12 exercises in graphics on its surface so you can maximize your strength and regeneration routine. The high-density foam construction efficiently massages muscle and connective tissue. $39.99
Watch the videos above for a full report.
workout wednesdays, amanda venegas
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 41 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks 33 min ago
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 28 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's 48 min ago