Rhonda Murphy puts fitness gifts to the test
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Christmas is just a few days away and there are a few items that are tops with fitness fans - but do they really work?
Many of us have seen those fitness items in the store and wonder if they really work.
Rhonda Murphy is the Action News fitness expert so we put her to the test to see if the equipment is Rhonda approved!
Rhonda and her assistant tried out and rated the following products:
Core Pushup (Rhonda's rating: 1 out of 5 barbells)
The Core Pushup is an excellent instability strength training device that increases the intensity of pushups and planks and maximize upper body and core strength. The steel platform and balance ball combination create an unstable surface for a variety of strength training exercises including 7 configurations printed directly on the platform. The durable balance ball inflates/deflates for variable difficulty. $59.99
HOPZ (Rhonda's rating: 2 out of 5 barbells)
Develop core and lower body fitness and endurance in the comfort of your own home with the HOPZ leap trainer. HOPZ resistance training will help you to develop explosive leg drive and power and strengthen key muscles in your lower body. HOPZ consists of resistance bands that quickly attach and release to ankle straps and belt rings. The ankle straps have built in show harnesses to keep the bands in place. Adjustable belt fits most weight sizes. Durable bands with resistance up to 40 lbs. $59.99
TRAINERroller (Rhonda's rating: 4 out of 5 barbells)
TRAINERroller is the first exercise training roller designed to guide users through an entire body workout for the easiest and most effective at home workout possible. TRAINERroller details 12 exercises in graphics on its surface so you can maximize your strength and regeneration routine. The high-density foam construction efficiently massages muscle and connective tissue. $39.99
Watch the videos above for a full report.
workout wednesdays, amanda venegas
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center