Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident on WB I-80 off-ramp in Richmond
RICHMOND, Calif. -- One person is dead in a crash that blocked an off-ramp from westbound Interstate Highway 80 in Richmond for several hours early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash occurred at about 1:40 a.m. at the off-ramp to Central Avenue from westbound Highway 80 after the vehicle was apparently traveling with a flat tire on the highway, CHP officials said.
The person's identity was not immediately being released this morning by the Contra Costa County coroner's office.
The Central Avenue off-ramp was closed for nearly seven hours as a result of the fatal crash and reopened at about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
richmond, I-80, CHP, bay area traffic
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno 43 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys 15 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 10 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos