Bay Area Traffic
New Golden Gate Bridge toll system causes payment problems
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some problems are being reported with the new all-electronic toll collection system on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Since toll takers were removed back in March, drivers have to pay with FasTrak or they will get a bill in the mail.
But so many people were mailing in payments that workers couldn't keep up.
Hundreds of drivers were charged late fees for payments that were never processed.
Drivers had the option to pay by phone but, the wait times have been long and the related website has crashed a number of times.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission says more people have been hired to deal with the demand.
golden gate bridge, metropolitan transportation commission, fastrak, traffic, bay area traffic
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 7 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos