Bay Area Traffic
New Golden Gate Bridge toll system causes payment problems
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some problems are being reported with the new all-electronic toll collection system on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Since toll takers were removed back in March, drivers have to pay with FasTrak or they will get a bill in the mail.
But so many people were mailing in payments that workers couldn't keep up.
Hundreds of drivers were charged late fees for payments that were never processed.
Drivers had the option to pay by phone but, the wait times have been long and the related website has crashed a number of times.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission says more people have been hired to deal with the demand.
golden gate bridge, metropolitan transportation commission, fastrak, traffic, bay area traffic
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 6 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 55 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos