Bay Area Traffic
Woman fatally struck by truck on EB I-80 Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman struck by a truck on eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in San Francisco early Friday morning has died, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The woman was struck at about 5:30 a.m. on the highway near Seventh Street, according to the CHP.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries later this morning, CHP Officer James Evans said.
The incident caused the closure of eastbound lanes of Highway 80 for about an hour, CHP officials said.
I-280, I-80, crash, pedestrian struck, bay area traffic
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago