Bay Area Traffic
Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. -- Black ice was reported on a portion of Interstate Highway 280 near the scene of a crash in Hillsborough this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash on northbound Highway 280 just south of Black Mountain Drive at about 5:40 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
Minor injuries were reported and three right lanes were blocked for nearly an hour, he said.
Black ice has been reported on Highway 280 on the Doran Bridge, which spans Crystal Springs Road near the Crystal Springs Reservoir, Bartlett said.
It had not been determined if ice was a factor in the crash, he said, and Caltrans was responding to abate the problem.
A National Weather Service freeze warning remains in effect for much of the Bay Area outside of San Francisco, which includes a warning to motorists that patchy ice could be encountered on regional roadways.
The warning remains in effect until 9 a.m.
I-280, hillsborough, san mateo county, bay area traffic
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs 4 min ago
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Fallout from Target's data breach 46 min ago
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Accuweather Forecast
32 min ago