East Coast weather, Central Valley traveler headache
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The snow and flight delays on the east coast have some Valley travelers desperate to find a way home. Fresno Yosemite International (F.Y.I.) is experiencing minor air delays caused by rain and fog but travelers are still able to get out.
However once passengers get to their connecting flights they are running into trouble caused by the horrific weather conditions on the East coast.
Pat Anderson arrived in Fresno Monday afternoon after two straight days of air travel. "We left Moline, Illinois yesterday at 6:30 which was two hours later than what we were supposed to because they didn't have a crew," she said.
That crew was traveling from the Northeast where airports continue to face long delays and closures.
Anderson added: "I'm 14 hours late seeing my only child out here."
The Action News Facebook fan page filled up with comments from viewers. Melissa Townsend posted that her grandmother was delayed into F.Y.I. from Phoenix because of dense fog. We found her waiting nervously outside the arrival gate.
Townsend said: "Having to sit there for so long and then her bones, you know because she's older. I think maybe she's anxiously waiting to get here and get off that flight."
Several Valley passengers decided they could not wait for a new departure time so they purchased rental cars.
JD Phillips is a car rental sales agent at Dollar and said, "I have to get to a certain place. I have to get here. So they have to come to the rental car agencies, end up spending an extra $200, $300 that they weren't planning on spending just to get to a location so they can catch another flight."
The snow and ice along the East coast is impacting what happens on this ice where the Fresno Monsters hockey team practices.
Head Coach Eric Ballard said: "We kind of looked at the weather channel prior to but we figured it might blow over."
Ballard has four star players stuck in Boston and New York. Their next big game is in Washington in four days. Coach said, "They might have to fly into Seattle. We might have to pick them up on the way. Just a lot of logistics going on right now."
Airport officials want to remind everyone to contact their airline before heading to the airport to learn of any delays or troubles.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
storm, travel, weather, john-thomas kobos
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 3 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 10 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant 45 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos