Dense fog advisory issued for central, southern San Joaquin Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a dense fog advisory, which is in effect from 8:00 p.m. Wednesday evening to 1:00 p.m. Thursday for the central and southern San Joaquin Valley.
* Visibility: Will decrease to a quarter of a mile or less this evening and continue to lower to 100 to 500 feet at times by Thursday morning.
* Timing: Dense fog developing this evening and continuing through the morning hours. Decreasing fog by late Thursday morning with partial clearing or hazy sunshine in the afternoon.
* Locations include: Bakersfield | Visalia | Hanford | Lemoore | Corcoran | Merced | Madera | Fresno | Los Banos | Mendota.
* Impacts: Dense fog will create hazardous travel conditions tonight and Thursday morning.
Areas Affected: East-Central San Joaquin Valley; Southeastern San Joaquin Valley; Southwestern San Joaquin Valley; West-Central San Joaquin Valley
NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy