4.2-magnitude earthquake strikes near Kern County town of Weldon
WELDON, KERN COUNTY -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 shook the Weldon area in Kern County on Sunday.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck at 11:50 a.m. about 12 miles south-southeast of Weldon and had a depth of less than a mile.
Nine minutes later, a 3.6-magnitude aftershock rattled the same area.
Some Eyewitness News viewers on Twitter said they felt the quakes. One viewer said she felt shaking in Bakersfield.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California 57 min ago
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 36 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch 17 min ago
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
Earthquake Center Resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos