4.2-magnitude earthquake strikes near Kern County town of Weldon
WELDON, KERN COUNTY -- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4.2 shook the Weldon area in Kern County on Sunday.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck at 11:50 a.m. about 12 miles south-southeast of Weldon and had a depth of less than a mile.
Nine minutes later, a 3.6-magnitude aftershock rattled the same area.
Some Eyewitness News viewers on Twitter said they felt the quakes. One viewer said she felt shaking in Bakersfield.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.
earthquake, earthquake center
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Earthquake Center Resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos