Small earthquake shakes Marina del Rey area
MARINA DEL REY, LOS ANGELES -- A small earthquake struck the Marina del Rey area shortly before noon on Friday, shaking parts of west Los Angeles.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the magnitude-3.1 tremor occurred at 11:48 a.m. PT about 1 mile northwest of Marina del Rey, 3 miles southeast of Santa Monica and 3 miles north-northwest of Los Angeles International Airport.
The quake was about 6 miles deep.
Residents reported shaking from Inglewood, El Segundo, Santa Monica, Westwood and Koreatown.
There were no immediate reports of damage.
earthquake, west los angeles, earthquake center
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria 39 min ago
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Runners hit streets for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago 52 min ago