ABC-30 Weather Now
HIGH WIND WARNING
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- HIGH WIND WARNING ISSUED NOVEMBER 30 AT 1:01PM PST EXPIRING NOVEMBER 30 AT 9:15PM PST BY NWS HANFORD.
HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PST FRIDAY... A HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PST FRIDAY FOR THE FOOTHILLS AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE SIERRA NEVADA FROM YOSEMITE TO KINGS CANYON.
* WINDS: NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS OF 20 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH. LOCALIZED GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 75 MPH ARE POSSIBLE OVER RIDGES AND THROUGH WIND FAVORED CANYONS.
* TIMING: THE PERIOD OF STRONGEST WIND IS LIKELY BETWEEN 4 AM PST THURSDAY AND 11 AM PST. ALTHOUGH WINDS DECREASE SLIGHTLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON...THEY WILL REMAIN LOCALLY STRONG AND GUSTY THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: SHAVER LAKE... YOSEMITE VALLEY... MARIPOSA... OAKHURST.
* IMPACTS: THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR VERY STRONG DAMAGING WINDS WITH DOWNED TREES AND POWER LINES. DURFEE
Target Area: Mariposa, Madera, and Fresno County Foothills; Sierra Nevada from Yosemite to Kings Canyon
abc-30 weather now
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 24 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Schools prepare for new transgender law
27 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos