ABC-30 Weather Now
Dense Fog Advisory issued for Central, Southern San Joaquin Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A dense fog advisory has been issued until December 4th at 12:00 p.m. by the National Weather Service in Hanford.
THE DENSE FOG ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PST TODAY FOR THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY.
ABUNDANT GROUND MOISTURE HAS RESULTED IN AREAS OF DENSE FOG FORMATION OVERNIGHT IN THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY...ESPECIALLY ALONG AND JUST WEST OF THE HIGHWAY 99 CORRIDOR FROM MERCED TO NEAR DELANO. THE FOG WILL PERSIST INTO MID DAY.
* VISIBILITY: LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE...DROPPING BELOW 500 FEET AT TIMES.
* TIMING: DENSE FOG WILL PERSIST THROUGH DAYBREAK AND BEGIN TO LIFT BY MID DAY.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: VISALIA...HANFORD... LEMOORE...AVENAL... CORCORAN...MERCED...MADERA...FRESNO...LOS BANOS...COALINGA... MENDOTA.
* IMPACTS: DRIVERS IN THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. BE ALERT FOR RAPIDLY CHANGING VISIBILITIES IN DENSE FOG. IF YOU ENCOUNTER FOG... SLOW DOWN... KEEP YOUR HEADLIGHTS ON LOW BEAM...AND LEAVE EXTRA ROOM BETWEEN YOU AND THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF YOU.
A DENSE FOG ADVISORY MEANS VISIBILITIES WILL FREQUENTLY BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE. IF DRIVING...SLOW DOWN... PUT YOUR HEADLIGHTS ON LOW BEAM...AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE AHEAD OF YOU.
abc-30 weather now
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 51 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks 43 min ago
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 38 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's 58 min ago