Health & Fitness
Health: Go with your gut
This holiday season, find out how you can take care of your digestive system for better health!
It is the time of year for food and family, but it's also the time we get sick with the cold or flu. Did you know taking care of your digestive system can actually boost your body's immune system and ward off colds and other ailments? Liz Applegate, Director of Sports Nutrition at UC Davis gave us more information that can improve our heath in simple and easy ways.
About Liz Applegate, Ph.D.:
Director of Sports Nutrition, University of California at Davis, is a columnist for Runner's World and regular guest on local and national morning shows.
The holidays are a time for celebration, a time for family and a time for food. Unfortunately, it's also a time when we often get sick with colds or the flu. It's no wonder your diet may suffer, with all of the holiday chaos, added stress and with the hours of lost sleep you may be experiencing. Make this holiday season different by taking care of your digestive system, which can boost your health. According to research, your gut is the window to your health. By taking a few simple steps to ensure your digestive tract is well cared for, good health will come your way and your immunity will be strong for the holiday season.
TLC for your digestive system:
Stay healthy this holiday by taking these simple steps to promoting healthy bacteria in your digestive system and a strong immune system.
These are live healthy bacteria that exist naturally in foods such as yogurt and kefir, and in other specialty products, such as wellness bars and cereals. Studies show that probiotics keep the harmful bacteria populations from outnumbering the good.
health & fitness
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 9 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 12 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown