Consumer & Finance
The housing slump
Some experts say the housing market is experiencing its most severe downturn in nearly two decades. Is there light at the end of the tunnel? And could there be something positive out of this? Here with some insight was financial advisor, president and CEO of Opes Advisors, here in the Bay Area, Susan Mchan.
About Susan McHan:
Susan McHan is co-founder, President and CEO of Opes Advisors, a premier financial advisory firm that specializes in Investment Management and Residential Mortgages. Susan has over twenty years of experience in the financial services industry.
Founded in 2004, Opes Advisors has successfully coupled investment management with residential mortgages to provide clients strategic financial planning that includes all assets. By successfully coupling their financial expertise, Opes provides clients with guidance in positioning all of their assets to develop an overall strategy that is most effective in turning out their financial future. This is especially relevant in the Bay Area where real estate is one of the most important assets in a person's portfolio.
Unlike other mortgage firms, Opes Advisors has investment management expertise in house. This allows us to provide borrowers strategic financial advice when they're buying, selling or refinancing a home. This comes with no more cost than obtaining a mortgage from a conventional firm, yet ensures that the loan structure is in alignment with our clients' overall strategy to support their long term financial goals.
Opes Advisors' Investment Management division specializes in strategic planning. In fact, we won't do one without the other. We need to understand your complete financial situation, including real estate, 401ks, stocks and bonds, before we can make proper assessments.
Our Investment Management division serves clients of all sizes. We often work with clients with assets between $500,000 and $2 million, a group that has traditionally been underserved.
Locations include Los Gatos, Palo Alto, San Mateo and Marin. www.opesadvisors.com
consumer & finance
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body