Health & Fitness
The truth behind flavored bottled water
Flavored bottled waters are everywhere! But which ones are actually good for your kids and which ones should you avoid? Certified nutrition consultant and consultant for Hint water, Julie Matthews, gives her recommendations.
Contains electrolytes and is a good alternative to just water.
A hint of flavor, but no sugar. A great alternative to just water.
It contains Sugar/crystalline fructose. Not recommended to "replace" water due to the sugar.
Contains Crystalline fructose and NO real fruit. Not recommended due to the sugar.
Ice Age and Fiji Waters
From a glacier or Fiji, not purified tap. A quality bottled water but uses plastic and gasoline for transportation because the source is distant.
Aquafina and Dasani Waters
It's simply purified tap water.
Special K20 Protein Water
Not filled with a bunch of sugar. Contains protein, but also contains artificial colors and sweetener (sucralose). Not recommended because of the artificial ingredients.
Julie Matthews is a Certified Nutrition Consultant. She is an experienced speaker to groups of more than 1000 healthcare practitioners, parents, and professionals, and has media experience behind a mic and in front of a camera. Julie specializes in nutrition for autism, and nutrition for all stages of pregnancy and healthy baby. Her book, Nourishing Hope, is based in scientific research and an understanding of the biochemistry of autism and the role of nutrition to restore health. She presents at leading autism conferences internationally. Julie has a private nutrition practice and radio show in San Francisco, California, and works with clients from around the world. Visit http://NourishingHope.com and http://HealthfulLiving.org.
health & fitness
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting 11 min ago
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos