2 dead, child hurt in apparent murder-suicide
BAY POINT, CA (KGO) -- A shooting in the East Bay on Thursday ended with two people dead and a three-year-old boy in the hospital. The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department says they're trying to figure out the relationship between the two adults and the child.
Investigators say the incident appears to be a case of murder-suicide.
One of the victims, a three-year-old, survived and was taken by helicopter to Oakland Children's Hospital. The sheriff's department says the child was taken into surgery late Thursday afternoon. The nature of the child's injuries have not been disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene on the 3400 block of Gregory Drive in Bay Point at around 1:45 p.m. after reports of gunshots. Deputies found two adult victims dead from gunshot wounds and an injured child.
Investigators say witnesses tell them the shooting was the result of a dispute between an estranged husband and wife. They will not confirm that the victims are that husband and wife, and their child.
"Based on the evidence and the witness statements we have at this time, the incident appears to be a murder-suicide. The investigation is on-going. We are canvassing the neighborhood, obviously talking to all family members involved to try to confirm identities, motive and any other information that will sustain the investigation," said Capt. Daniel Terry with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Dept.
local news, heather ishimaru
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos