2 dead, child hurt in apparent murder-suicide
BAY POINT, CA (KGO) -- A shooting in the East Bay on Thursday ended with two people dead and a three-year-old boy in the hospital. The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department says they're trying to figure out the relationship between the two adults and the child.
Investigators say the incident appears to be a case of murder-suicide.
One of the victims, a three-year-old, survived and was taken by helicopter to Oakland Children's Hospital. The sheriff's department says the child was taken into surgery late Thursday afternoon. The nature of the child's injuries have not been disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene on the 3400 block of Gregory Drive in Bay Point at around 1:45 p.m. after reports of gunshots. Deputies found two adult victims dead from gunshot wounds and an injured child.
Investigators say witnesses tell them the shooting was the result of a dispute between an estranged husband and wife. They will not confirm that the victims are that husband and wife, and their child.
"Based on the evidence and the witness statements we have at this time, the incident appears to be a murder-suicide. The investigation is on-going. We are canvassing the neighborhood, obviously talking to all family members involved to try to confirm identities, motive and any other information that will sustain the investigation," said Capt. Daniel Terry with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Dept.
local news, heather ishimaru
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 3 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 12 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 52 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 33 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 32 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 13 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos