2 dead, child hurt in apparent murder-suicide
BAY POINT, CA (KGO) -- A shooting in the East Bay on Thursday ended with two people dead and a three-year-old boy in the hospital. The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department says they're trying to figure out the relationship between the two adults and the child.
Investigators say the incident appears to be a case of murder-suicide.
One of the victims, a three-year-old, survived and was taken by helicopter to Oakland Children's Hospital. The sheriff's department says the child was taken into surgery late Thursday afternoon. The nature of the child's injuries have not been disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene on the 3400 block of Gregory Drive in Bay Point at around 1:45 p.m. after reports of gunshots. Deputies found two adult victims dead from gunshot wounds and an injured child.
Investigators say witnesses tell them the shooting was the result of a dispute between an estranged husband and wife. They will not confirm that the victims are that husband and wife, and their child.
"Based on the evidence and the witness statements we have at this time, the incident appears to be a murder-suicide. The investigation is on-going. We are canvassing the neighborhood, obviously talking to all family members involved to try to confirm identities, motive and any other information that will sustain the investigation," said Capt. Daniel Terry with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Dept.
local news, heather ishimaru
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 44 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts