Two injured in drive-by shooting
FREMONT, CA -- Authorities believe a drive-by shooting that injured two people early this morning in Fremont may have been gang-related, a police detective said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired in the area of Central Avenue and Joseph Street, near a 7-Eleven store, at about 12:40 a.m., Fremont police Detective Bill Veteran said.
The victims were located across the street from the 7-Eleven, near an apartment complex at 4250 Central Ave., Veteran said. One victim had suffered a gunshot wound to his abdomen and the other had been shot in the arm.
Both victims were taken to local trauma centers to be treated for injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening, Veteran said.
Police are investigating the whereabouts of the suspects, who fled in a green, early 1990s Ford Bronco, Veteran said.
Everyone involved in the shooting is believed to have gang ties, Veteran said.
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 25 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday