San Francisco News
KGO talk show host Karel fired
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Nighttime host Charles "Karel" Bouley was fired on Tuesday after his rant was heard live on his show in early November.
The microphone was hot when Karel went on a swearing tangent and made comments about Joe the Plumber that the audience was not meant to hear. The comments interrupted the ABC Network News at the top of the hour and he quickly apologized for his remarks.
The board operator on duty that night has also been fired over this incident.
On his web page, Karel said a heartfelt goodbye to the KGO listeners and gave reassurance he would not disappear. He will still produce his own podcasts and blogs on his website www.radiokrl.com.
In one of his podcasts Karel said, "960 The Green has already extended a hand in some way," but it is still undetermined in what capacity.
Karal claims he is the only openly gay talk show host in the Bay Area.
san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 14 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire