Standoff ends in Redwood City
SAN MATEO COUNTY, CA (KGO) -- After nearly 32 hours, a police standoff in San Mateo County has ended outside a house in Redwood City. 29-year-old Mario Moreno had barricaded himself inside his parents' house starting at about 10:30 Saturday night.
Authorities say he was armed with a shotgun. Moreno surrendered at about 6:30 am Monday morning.
Police took him into custody, even though they promised earlier that he would not be charged.
Officials say the situation started with a dispute between Moreno and his father. The parents then left the house and called police. Neighbors who evacuated are now back home.
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum 34 min ago
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts