Food & Wine
Homemade ancho chile marinade
Are you looking for south of the border flavors? Well, you don't have to travel far. You can make a delicious ancho chile marinade in your own kitchen. Ashley Head of Chipotle Mexican Grill shares this recipe.
Recipe: Ancho chile marinade for meat
From Chipotle Mexican Grill
- 1 pkg (2 oz.) dried ancho chiles or dried pepper of choice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 TBS. fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cuts of steak
Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except steak in food processor. Puree until smooth.
Spread mixture over meat and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
Heat grill to about 400 degrees, or if cooking inside heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt steaks to taste. Grill steaks about 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
Serve with rice, black beans, or choice of side dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
About Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill offers a focused menu of burritos, tacos, burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla) and salads made from fresh, high-quality raw ingredients, prepared using classic cooking methods and served in a distinctive atmosphere. Through our vision of Food with Integrity, Chipotle is seeking better food not only from using fresh ingredients, but ingredients that are sustainably grown and naturally raised with respect for the animals, the land, and the farmers who produce the food. Chipotle opened its first restaurant in 1993 and currently operates more than 730 restaurants.
For more information, visit www.chipotle.com.
food & wine
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 5 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 12 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 52 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos