Food & Wine
Homemade ancho chile marinade
Are you looking for south of the border flavors? Well, you don't have to travel far. You can make a delicious ancho chile marinade in your own kitchen. Ashley Head of Chipotle Mexican Grill shares this recipe.
Recipe: Ancho chile marinade for meat
From Chipotle Mexican Grill
- 1 pkg (2 oz.) dried ancho chiles or dried pepper of choice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 TBS. fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cuts of steak
Soak dry chiles in water overnight or until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except steak in food processor. Puree until smooth.
Spread mixture over meat and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
Heat grill to about 400 degrees, or if cooking inside heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt steaks to taste. Grill steaks about 4 minutes per side, depending upon thickness, until done.
Serve with rice, black beans, or choice of side dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
About Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill offers a focused menu of burritos, tacos, burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla) and salads made from fresh, high-quality raw ingredients, prepared using classic cooking methods and served in a distinctive atmosphere. Through our vision of Food with Integrity, Chipotle is seeking better food not only from using fresh ingredients, but ingredients that are sustainably grown and naturally raised with respect for the animals, the land, and the farmers who produce the food. Chipotle opened its first restaurant in 1993 and currently operates more than 730 restaurants.
For more information, visit www.chipotle.com.
food & wine
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 19 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 14 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 33 min ago
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Perfect Pet: Isabella
47 min ago