Free tax prep for low income
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Golden Gate University will work with Tax Aid, a non-profit corporation focused on providing income tax support for families, to provide low-income residents with free income tax preparation and filing services.
Goodwill, which provides education, job training and career services for individuals facing and overcoming barriers to employment, will host the events and its employees will also receive income tax preparation assistance.
The event will take place at Goodwill Industries of San Francisco Headquarters - 1500 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. It will occur for three consecutive Saturdays, March 21, 28, and April 4, between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Each Saturday, all low-income families across the Bay Area and Goodwill employees are invited to work with students from GGU to receive professional tax assistance free of charge.
Tax-Aid's services are free to anyone with an income of $45,000 or less. For a complete listing of Tax-Aid sites visit www.tax-aid.org.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean 31 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 54 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward 13 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California! 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case