East Bay News
Sheriffs make record setting pot bust
The Alameda County Sheriff's Department says it has made the largest marijuana bust in its history.
More than 22,000 pot plants were discovered this week just east of Sunol, near Calaveras Road.
Deputies uncovered 24 marijuana gardens and three camp sites.
Deputies are still looking for two suspects who ran from the scene.
east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 48 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 53 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos