North Bay News
Two arrested for Guerneville murder
SANTA ROSA, CA -- Two men have been arrested on suspicion of killing a man who was found dead in a Guerneville home Saturday afternoon, a Sonoma County Sheriff's sergeant said Monday.
The suspects are Andrew Brian Sharkey, 35, of Guerneville, and Gary Scott, 60, who has addresses in Guerneville and Prescott, Ariz., Sgt. Tim Duke said.
The victim, whose name is being withheld pending notification of family members, was found in the garage area of a home in the 17000 block of Orchard Avenue after someone went to the sheriff's department's substation in Guerneville around noon Saturday to report the death.
The sheriff's department has not said how the victim was killed, but Duke said he likely died Thursday or earlier.
Sharkey is being held without bail in Sonoma County jail and is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon in Sonoma County Superior Court.
Scott is in custody in Yavapai County, Ariz. Duke said. Sheriff's detectives traveled there Sunday and are working with investigators in that state. Duke did not know when Scott would be taken back to Sonoma County but said search warrants related to the case are being served in Arizona.
There were multiple residents living in the large house where the victim's body was found, Duke said.
Two people who were detained Saturday after the body was discovered have been released, Duke said.
north bay news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 6 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 41 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 20 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
41 min ago