Health & Fitness
Zit blaster and blemish buster
Zit blaster and blemish buster. Two quick and easy homemade skin remedies, plus other spa secrets you can do at home.
HOMEMADE SKIN REMEDIES
Quick Zit Blaster:
Mix 1 tsp. of baking soda and a few drops of water in the palm of your hand to make a paste. Apply to offending pimple. Massage on that spot for a minute. Let it sit on 5 minutes. Remove with water. Rinse with cotton ball and toner or witch hazel. Kills bacteria, and neutralizes pH.
Crush up an aspirin tablet with a little water and make a paste to put on blemishes. Aspirin is the solid form of salicylic acid, one of the most effective blemish-fighters. We recommend salicylic acid products for clients all the time to help acne.
Evian Brumisateur Mineral Water Spray
It's the best and cheapest way to keep your skin hydrated while flying (besides drinking water) Spritz yourself a face full of mineral water every hour on a flight. The 1.7 oz version is about $5 and the right size for carry-on.
Store your eye cream in the fridge
Applying cold cream feels good, helps tighten pores, and keeps you cool.
One pump, squirt, or spray should be enough!
Remember that high-quality products are generally made quite concentrated. Lots of people overuse their products.
Products that have real value are those which are multi-tasking, for example, a cleanser that is ph balanced so it does the job of both a toner and cleanser in one, or using an alpha hydroxy/beta hydroxy (AKA Fruit Acid) product as your exfoliant because it also, reduces pore size, eliminates blackheads and breakouts, evens out skin tone and color, wipes out dead skin cells, as well as firming the skin making it an anti-aging treatment as well. This is a good way to make sure your home care regime is simple and realistic for your lifestyle and powerful enough to create positive and long lasting change!
health & fitness
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday