East Bay News
Overnight explosion investigated in Berkeley
BERKELEY, CA (KGO) -- Berkeley Police are investigating an overnight explosion that brought out hazardous material crews and an order for some neighborhood residents to stay indoors.
It happened around 10 Tuesday night near Blake Street and Chilton Way.
Police blocked off the area, located a block away from busy Telegraph Avenue. Investigators believe the explosion involved some kind of chemical.
They say the blast left behind a white streak of powder on the street, which should not pose any harm. There were no reports of damage or injuries.
east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 23 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos