East Bay News
Overnight explosion investigated in Berkeley
BERKELEY, CA (KGO) -- Berkeley Police are investigating an overnight explosion that brought out hazardous material crews and an order for some neighborhood residents to stay indoors.
It happened around 10 Tuesday night near Blake Street and Chilton Way.
Police blocked off the area, located a block away from busy Telegraph Avenue. Investigators believe the explosion involved some kind of chemical.
They say the blast left behind a white streak of powder on the street, which should not pose any harm. There were no reports of damage or injuries.
east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos