Train carrying alcohol derailed in Bakersfield
BAKERSFIELD, CA (KGO) -- Several homes outside of Bakersfield were still under an evacuation order early Sunday evening. A freight train derailed Saturday night which led to a huge fire.
Authorities say one of the cars was carrying alcohol, which made the heavy flames and smoke even worse.
Seven homes were evacuated and residents in 30 other homes were told to stay indoors with their windows closed.
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos