Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
March 7, 2010
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode looks at a continuing social problem in the United States, and that is teen pregnancy.
According to the California Department of Public Health, 51,704 babies were born to teen mothers in 2008 at a rate of 35.2 for every 1000 young mothers age 15-19. That rate is down 37.1 births from 2007, and lower than ever before.
Barbara Bunn McCullough, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Brighter Beginnings
Director, Daly City Youth Health Center
Daly City Youth Health Center's
April 29, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.
Harding Park Golf Course
Dial 2-1-1 for local social service resources
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 59 min ago
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 3 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos