Beyond the Headlines
ABC7's Emmy award-winning public affairs show, "Beyond the Headlines," provides in-depth coverage of the topics and issues facing the people of the Bay Area. Throughout the year, "Beyond the Headlines" airs half-hour specials on issues, ranging from Bay Area housing to same-sex marriage.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES
March 7, 2010
Hosted by ABC7's Cheryl Jennings
This week's episode looks at a continuing social problem in the United States, and that is teen pregnancy.
According to the California Department of Public Health, 51,704 babies were born to teen mothers in 2008 at a rate of 35.2 for every 1000 young mothers age 15-19. That rate is down 37.1 births from 2007, and lower than ever before.
Barbara Bunn McCullough, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Brighter Beginnings
Director, Daly City Youth Health Center
Daly City Youth Health Center's
April 29, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.
Harding Park Golf Course
Dial 2-1-1 for local social service resources
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 59 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash