Police arrest man suspected of shooting at officers
EAST PALO ALTO, CA -- A man suspected of firing a gun at two police officers during a traffic stop in East Palo Alto on Tuesday was arrested early this morning, police said.
Miguel Alvarado, 20, was taken into custody without incident at about 4:30 a.m. at a Mountain View apartment after police received numerous tips as to his whereabouts, East Palo Alto police Capt. Carl Estelle said.
"There were at least three that gave pertinent information," Estelle said. "We're not used to the public helping, but I think what he did was just too much to not do anything."
Police said Alvarado was pulled over by two officers while driving at Bay Road and Glen Way at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. He allegedly shot at the two officers then ran away, according to police. No one was injured.
This morning's arrest was made with the help of Mountain View's SWAT team, Estelle said. Alvarado was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on a police officer.
east palo alto, crime, peninsula news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights 2 min ago
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday