Police arrest man suspected of shooting at officers
EAST PALO ALTO, CA -- A man suspected of firing a gun at two police officers during a traffic stop in East Palo Alto on Tuesday was arrested early this morning, police said.
Miguel Alvarado, 20, was taken into custody without incident at about 4:30 a.m. at a Mountain View apartment after police received numerous tips as to his whereabouts, East Palo Alto police Capt. Carl Estelle said.
"There were at least three that gave pertinent information," Estelle said. "We're not used to the public helping, but I think what he did was just too much to not do anything."
Police said Alvarado was pulled over by two officers while driving at Bay Road and Glen Way at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday. He allegedly shot at the two officers then ran away, according to police. No one was injured.
This morning's arrest was made with the help of Mountain View's SWAT team, Estelle said. Alvarado was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on a police officer.
east palo alto, crime, peninsula news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 4 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 19 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 16 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 18 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 15 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir 35 min ago
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates...
35 min ago