East Bay News
4 people shot in North Richmond
RICHMOND, CA (KGO) -- Gunshots rang out late Thursday night in North Richmond. Four people were shot; three of them died and one of them was injured.
Multiple homicide detectives and the mobile crime lab were at the scene investigating what has now become a triple murder.
About 20 shots were fired shortly after 9 p.m. at Truman Street and Silver Avenue. Two of the men were pronounced dead at the scene, one was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he later died. The fourth man was airlifted to the hospital.
Around 11 p.m., one family member told ABC7 she was waiting for information from the officers.
"We're trying to just figure out what's going on. As far as I know my brother-in-law was involved in a shooting and he's probably one of the victims and that's as much as I know. I'm still waiting to hear back from the officers here. They're going to tell us more later," said Mildred Leonard, one of the victim's sister-in-law.
Leonard said her brother-in-law, Big David, was shot in the back after he came out of his house. He apparently saw trouble, turned around to go back in the house, and that is when he was shot.
Sherriff's deputies said all of the victims are men in their 20s or 30s.
There is no information yet about the suspects.
richmond, crime, east bay news, karina rusk
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire