2-year-old smoker sparks outrage around world
INDONESIA (KGO) -- A 2-year-old in Indonesia is sparking outrage around the world.
The toddler, still in diapers, smokes two packs of cigarettes a day.
Ardi Rizal started smoking at 18 months, under the eye of his father and he can't kick the habit.
His father says Ardi cries and throws tantrums when he isn't allowed to smoke.
His dad told one paper he doesn't consider it a problem.
However, government officials are offering to buy the family a car if Ardi quits.
By the way, Ardi's case is extreme, but not rare. Statistics show nearly three percent of 5 to 9 year olds in Indonesia are active smokers.
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos