Hawaii-bound plane makes emergency landing at SFO
SFO, CA (KGO) -- A US Airways flight made an emergency landing at San Francisco International Airport Friday afternoon after a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Flight 432 was headed from Phoenix to Hawaii was diverted to SFO and landed safely just after 5 p.m.
A US Airways spokesperson said the smoke had begun to dissipate but the emergency landing was precautionary.
US Airways says that there is another plane ready to take passengers on to Maui as soon as the passengers get off of the plane.
san francisco international airport, peninsula news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 26 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos