Hawaii-bound plane makes emergency landing at SFO
SFO, CA (KGO) -- A US Airways flight made an emergency landing at San Francisco International Airport Friday afternoon after a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Flight 432 was headed from Phoenix to Hawaii was diverted to SFO and landed safely just after 5 p.m.
A US Airways spokesperson said the smoke had begun to dissipate but the emergency landing was precautionary.
US Airways says that there is another plane ready to take passengers on to Maui as soon as the passengers get off of the plane.
san francisco international airport, peninsula news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday