Hawaii-bound plane makes emergency landing at SFO
SFO, CA (KGO) -- A US Airways flight made an emergency landing at San Francisco International Airport Friday afternoon after a report of smoke in the cockpit.
Flight 432 was headed from Phoenix to Hawaii was diverted to SFO and landed safely just after 5 p.m.
A US Airways spokesperson said the smoke had begun to dissipate but the emergency landing was precautionary.
US Airways says that there is another plane ready to take passengers on to Maui as soon as the passengers get off of the plane.
san francisco international airport, peninsula news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday