East Bay News
24-year-old man fatally shot in Hayward
HAYWARD, CA -- A 24-year-old man was fatally shot in Hayward early this morning, police said.
A fight or argument was reported at 2:47 a.m. in the 27000 block of Tyrrell Avenue, and as officers were en route to the area, police received more calls about possible gunshots from the same area.
Officers arrived to find the victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
The name of the victim, a Hayward resident, is being withheld until family members are notified of his death.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting. No suspect information was immediately available this afternoon, and investigators have not established a motive for the killing.
The shooting was the 13th homicide in Hayward in 2010.
hayward, crime, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday