East Bay News
24-year-old man fatally shot in Hayward
HAYWARD, CA -- A 24-year-old man was fatally shot in Hayward early this morning, police said.
A fight or argument was reported at 2:47 a.m. in the 27000 block of Tyrrell Avenue, and as officers were en route to the area, police received more calls about possible gunshots from the same area.
Officers arrived to find the victim suffering from at least one gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
The name of the victim, a Hayward resident, is being withheld until family members are notified of his death.
No arrests have been made in connection with the shooting. No suspect information was immediately available this afternoon, and investigators have not established a motive for the killing.
The shooting was the 13th homicide in Hayward in 2010.
hayward, crime, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 11 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
45 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
11 min ago