San Francisco News
Thousands run for Leukemia, Lymphoma awareness
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- At least 20,000 women were out Sunday for the 7th Nike Women's Marathon.
The weather was no problem, probably because they were running with a purpose beyond the race. They came out to raise funds and awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
They came to San Francisco from across the United States.
The race kicked off in Union Square and finished near the beach at Great Highway and Lincoln Way.
san francisco news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 7 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County 46 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case