Bay Area Traffic
One dead after car slams into tree in Los Gatos
LOS GATOS, Calif. -- Police have shut down multiple streets in Los Gatos while conducting an investigation of a fatal car crash that happened early this morning.
At 3:19 a.m., officers responded to the intersection of Blossom Hill Road and Union Avenue, where they found a car that had driven off the roadway and into a tree, Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police Sgt. Kerry Harris said.
The driver was killed in the crash, and Harris said there were no passengers in the vehicle.
A number of streets remain closed while police are investigating the crash: Blossom Hill Road between Leigh Avenue and Blossom Dale Drive is closed, as well as the portion of Union Ave between Anne Avenue and Blossom Hill Drive, Harris said.
Police have yet to rule out alcohol as a factor in the crash.
los gatos, bay area traffic
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 16 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified 45 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday