East Bay News
Two dead after car crash in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Two people are dead following a fatal crash in Oakland early Thursday morning.
It started shortly after 2:00 a.m., when the Highway Patrol tried to pull over a BMW speeding on Highway 580.The driver refused, got off the freeway and sped down MacArthur Boulevard.
The CHP says it called off the pursuit. But the BMW continued to travel at high speed and slammed into an SUV that happened to be crossing MacArthur Boulevard at 106th Avenue. The SUV was knocked on to its side and was dragged about 200 feet into a business parking lot.
The crash killed the drivers of both vehicles.
The CHP said it does not know why the driver wouldn't pull over in the first place.
oakland, car crash, CHP, east bay news, terry mcsweeney
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 31 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 46 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 43 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 45 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 42 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 13 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 21 min ago