San Francisco News
Dr. Dean Edell to retire from KGO Radio
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- For those of you who are long-time listeners to our colleagues at KGO Radio, Doctor Dean Edell is retiring.
For years, Edell appeared every night on ABC7 News. On Wednesday, he told his radio audience he is "throwing in the towel."
His program is broadcast Monday through Friday across the country but KGO radio has decided to air only a couple of his shows on a tape-delay basis, on weekends. Edell said today that part of him is very sad and upset.
KGO Radio had no comment, but issued a press release announcing the return of the Noon News, in dean's time slot.
radio, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos