East Bay News
Sheriff's office investigating suspicious death in Bay Point
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- A man was stabbed to death in a Bay Point home early this morning, officials said.
The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office received a call at about 2 a.m. from someone at a home in the 2900 block of Mary Ann Lane in unincorporated Bay Point reporting a medical emergency, sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said.
When deputies and medical personnel arrived, they found a 49-year-old man on the floor suffering from an injury.
The man was given first aid and then transported to John Muir Medical Center in Concord, where he was pronounced dead, Lee said.
The Contra Costa County coroner's office has since identified the victim as Bay Point resident Aaron Compton Jr. A deputy coroner said Compton died from a stab wound to the left side of his chest.
Lee said other people were in the home when Compton was killed, but as of about 2 p.m., the sheriff's office was not releasing any information about possible suspects and the case remained under investigation.
crime, contra costa county, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 35 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 35 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 36 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 38 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 35 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 37 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
55 min ago