East Bay News
2.8 earthquake strikes east of Mount Diablo
UNINCORPORATED CONTRA COSTA COUNTY -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.8 struck in unincorporated Contra Costa County east of Mount Diablo this morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake struck at 7:43 a.m. and had a depth of 8.3 miles, USGS officials said.
The quake was centered in Round Valley Regional Park, about 7 miles south-southwest of Brentwood and 7 miles west-southwest of Byron, according to the USGS.
earthquake, contra costa county, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 51 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes 45 min ago
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos