San Francisco News
Man injured in hang glider crash at Fort Funston
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was injured in a hang gliding crash on a cliff side in San Francisco's Fort Funston Friday afternoon, a fire department spokeswoman said.
A witness spotted the man go down while he was flying a hang glider at about 3:10 p.m., fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
Responding crews found him upside down in the glider about 70 feet down the side of a cliff a short time later. He was conscious and complaining of pain, Talmadge said.
Paramedics were preparing to transport the victim to a hospital as of about 3:45 p.m.
san francisco news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 44 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 44 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 45 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 47 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 44 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 46 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...