San Francisco News
Multiple people injured in Market Street shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Five people were injured in a shooting near 7th and Market streets this evening, two of them seriously, San Francisco police are reporting.
The 6:15 p.m. shooting on the 1000 block of Market Street, only blocks from the Pride festivities at Civic Center, left three people with non-life threatening injuries, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said. Two people were shot in the leg and one was shot in the buttocks.
Two other victims were shot in the body and are being treated for life-threatening injuries, Dangerfield said.
Police are searching for a suspect described as a black male in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with dreadlocks. It was not clear which direction he was traveling following the shooting.
crime, san francisco news
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 4 min ago
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos