San Francisco News
Multiple people injured in Market Street shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Five people were injured in a shooting near 7th and Market streets this evening, two of them seriously, San Francisco police are reporting.
The 6:15 p.m. shooting on the 1000 block of Market Street, only blocks from the Pride festivities at Civic Center, left three people with non-life threatening injuries, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said. Two people were shot in the leg and one was shot in the buttocks.
Two other victims were shot in the body and are being treated for life-threatening injuries, Dangerfield said.
Police are searching for a suspect described as a black male in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with dreadlocks. It was not clear which direction he was traveling following the shooting.
crime, san francisco news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 38 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
14 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos