San Francisco News
Multiple people injured in Market Street shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Five people were injured in a shooting near 7th and Market streets this evening, two of them seriously, San Francisco police are reporting.
The 6:15 p.m. shooting on the 1000 block of Market Street, only blocks from the Pride festivities at Civic Center, left three people with non-life threatening injuries, Lt. Troy Dangerfield said. Two people were shot in the leg and one was shot in the buttocks.
Two other victims were shot in the body and are being treated for life-threatening injuries, Dangerfield said.
Police are searching for a suspect described as a black male in his 20s, about 6 feet tall with dreadlocks. It was not clear which direction he was traveling following the shooting.
crime, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 47 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 8 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos