ABC7's Dan Noyes is celebrity scooper at A's game
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Oakland A's used root beer to raise money for a good cause on Thursday.
Players and coaches joined forces with local celebrities to serve root beer floats to fans before the afternoon A's-Marlins game. ABC7's Dan Noyes was among the celebrity scoopers.
The 12th annual Root Beer Float Day raised more than $29,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Since 2003, the A's have raised close to $330,000 for the cause.
oakland athletics, mlb
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos