San Francisco News
Police investigate shootings in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people were shot in two separate incidents Saturday night in San Francisco.
One person was shot on the 1100 block of Fillmore Street around 6 p.m.
The shooting was reported when the victim was dropped off by a cab at California Pacifica Medical Center, police said. The victim, who was struck once in the hip area, said he was standing in front of the McDonalds on Fillmore Street when he was shot.
The victim was transferred to San Francisco General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
One man was shot multiple times in the upper body around 7:45 p.m. at Ellis and Jones streets, while a second man, a 78-year-old bystander, was also struck in the foot, police said.
Both victims were taken to San Francisco General Hospital. The first victim suffered life-threatening injuries, while the elderly victim suffered from non-life threatening injuries.
Police officers arrested a suspect at the scene and recovered the weapon used in the shooting. It is unknown if the shooting was gang related, police said.
No suspect description or further information was available.
shooting, crime, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 51 min ago
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped 25 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 16 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 18 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos