San Francisco News
Police investigate shootings in San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people were shot in two separate incidents Saturday night in San Francisco.
One person was shot on the 1100 block of Fillmore Street around 6 p.m.
The shooting was reported when the victim was dropped off by a cab at California Pacifica Medical Center, police said. The victim, who was struck once in the hip area, said he was standing in front of the McDonalds on Fillmore Street when he was shot.
The victim was transferred to San Francisco General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
One man was shot multiple times in the upper body around 7:45 p.m. at Ellis and Jones streets, while a second man, a 78-year-old bystander, was also struck in the foot, police said.
Both victims were taken to San Francisco General Hospital. The first victim suffered life-threatening injuries, while the elderly victim suffered from non-life threatening injuries.
Police officers arrested a suspect at the scene and recovered the weapon used in the shooting. It is unknown if the shooting was gang related, police said.
No suspect description or further information was available.
shooting, crime, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 34 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos