Controversial 'Got Milk?' billboards nixed in Calif.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- After a week of criticism, some controversial "Got Milk?" billboards are coming down.
The California Milk Processor's Board was trying to promote the idea that milk can lessen the effects of premenstrual syndrome. The ads featured men as the victims of temperamental women.
However, medical experts questioned the claims about milk reducing the symptoms associated with PMS and many women felt the ads were just offensive.
The billboards, including some in San Francisco, will be changed next week.
diets, california news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 4 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 52 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday