North Bay News
Wildfire near Lake Berryessa contained
LAKE BERRYESSA, Calif. -- A 508-acre wildfire near Lake Berryessa in Napa County was fully contained at 10 a.m. today, Cal Fire officials said.
Heavy mop-up operations continued today in the extremely steep and rigged terrain, Cal Fire spokeswoman Suzie Blankenship said.
A segment of Berryessa/Knoxville Road two miles north of Lake Berryessa and three miles south of the Napa-Lake county line will remain closed until 6 p.m. today, Blakenship said.
There are no evacuations and Lake Berryessa is not impacted by the wildfire and is open to visitors, Blakenship said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The fire was reported around 2:45 p.m. Saturday in a rural area north of Pope Canyon Road. There were 190 personnel, 14 fire engines and six fire crews working the fire this morning, Blakenship said.
Ten agencies responded to the blaze over the weekend.
Residents can find more information at www.fire.ca.gov.
fire, wildfire, napa county, north bay news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 17 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday