San Francisco News
SFPD opens doors for new recruits
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco police want you to be a new member of the thin blue line.
Beginning Friday, Aug. 26, 2011, the SFPD will take online applications to become an entry level police officer.
The application period will close after the city receives 2500 applications.
Here is the statement the police department released:
Chief Greg Suhr personally invites you to join a highly respected police department and serve the citizens of one of the most beautiful cities in the country. San Francisco Police Officers perform a wide variety of duties to promote public safety and security, prevent crime and enforce the law. Police Officers perform a number of essential functions. For example, they patrol districts to prevent and detect crime; respond to calls for assistance; conduct criminal investigations; interact with the community to build cooperation and support; pursue and arrest suspects; enforce traffic and parking laws; write reports and maintain records; work with superiors, peers, and others as a team; prepare for and participate in planned events; prepare for court and give testimony; and fulfill other administrative duties when required.
The San Francisco Police Department will be accepting Entry Level Police Officer applications beginning Friday, August 26, 2011.
Applicants interested in applying must access our City website at www.jobaps.com/sf and create an applicant account in order to apply for the position. The application period will close once the city receives 2500 applications.
SFPD, jobs, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 10 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 36 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 22 min ago