South Bay News
SJ officer arrested for sexual misconduct with boys
GILROY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Wednesday shocking charges surfaced against a man who is sworn in to serve and protect. A San Jose cop is under arrest accused of having sex with two teenage boys in Gilroy.
A veteran of the force is accused of sexual misconduct with a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old. Gilroy police say the crimes occurred in the police officer's house, which is in a quiet suburban neighborhood.
The San Jose Mercury News, is reporting that the officer provided alcohol to minors at parties in his home and had sex with them.
The 44-year-old San Jose police officer has been under investigation for several years. At 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, as the officer showed up for work at the San Jose Police Department, he was arrested.
"They took one of our officers, Officer Patrick D'Arrigo into custody on a $100,000 warrant, charging him on three counts of child molest. He has been booked in the Santa Clara County main jail," said San Jose police spokesperson Sgt. Jason Dwyer.
And Gilroy police fear there could be more victims.
"It's possible, given the circumstances regarding the alleged misconduct, that there may be additional victims in the community or nearby. We're asking that people who may be a victim to please contact the police department," said Gilroy Police Sgt. Chad Gallacinao.
Reaction among fellow officers was understandably devastating.
"It's been a hard year for us. We've laid off officers, officers took a pay cut here. Now we're dealing with having to have the negative stigma attached with one of our own who's being accused of doing some pretty heinous things," said Dwyer.
D'Arrigo is one of two San Jose police officers accused of covering up a 2008 DUI crash involving a former police officer. He was fired and later rehired last year.
D'Arrigo was released on $100,000 bail and is expected to be arraigned later this week.
san jose, gilroy, south bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 57 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters 17 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 33 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
33 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos