Billie Joe Armstrong kicked off flight over saggy pants
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong says he was kicked off of a Southwest Airlines flight Thursday night for wearing his pants too low.
The Bay Area rock musician was traveling from Oakland to Burbank when the incident occurred. "Just got kicked off a southwest flight because my pants sagged too low! What the f**k? No joke!" Armstrong tweeted Thursday night.
"Basically, all the passengers were already seated, we were ready to go, they had already told us to start to turn our cellphones off," she said.
Qiu said that Armstrong was approached by a flight attendant and told to pull his pants up. Armstrong initially dismissed the request, asking, "Don't you have better things to do than worry about that?" When the flight attendant repeated the request and threatened to have Armstrong removed from the plane, Armstrong replied "I'm just trying to get to my f**king seat."
Armstrong and the person he was traveling with were then removed from the flight.
Southwest responded to Armstrong's gripe soon after with a tweet of their own. "Very sorry for your experience tonight, someone from our Customer Relations Team will reach out to you to get more details."
In a later statement, Southwest added, "As soon as we became aware of what had happened, we reached out to apologize for this Customer's experience. He elected to take the next flight. We followed up with this Customer and involved Employees to get more details and, in our latest conversations, understand from the Customer the situation was resolved to his satisfaction."
This comes on the heels of an incident on June 12 when a University of New Mexico football player was booted from a U.S. Airways flight bound for Albuquerque from San Francisco over his saggy pants. Deshon Marman is now suing the airline over the incident.
oakland, celebrity, southwest airlines, fashion, entertainment
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing 33 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos