San Francisco News
Man robbed after leaving pot dispensary
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was robbed of more than a pound of marijuana as he exited a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco on Tuesday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at 12:53 p.m. in the 900 block of Geary Street near Larkin Street.
The victim, a 34-year-old man, was walking out of the dispensary when a suspect pointed a gun at his face and demanded "weed," according to police.
The victim handed over a satchel that contained 1.25 pounds of medical marijuana and cash, police said.
The suspect, a man in his late teens or early 20s, fled in a black pickup truck with dealer plates. He had not been found as of this morning, according to police.
The victim was not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
marijuana, medical marijuana, crime, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos