East Bay News
War vet Scott Olsen posts online statement
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- War veteran Scott Olsen, who was injured by a flying projectile during an 'Occupy Oakland' protest in late October, is writing publicly for the first time since the incident.
Writing on a Google Plus profile, Olsen said he's "feeling a lot better, with a long road in front of me."
"After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I've got a lot of work to do with rehab," Olsen wrote. "You'll be hearing more from me in the near future."
Olsen geographically tagged his location "San Mateo." According to several reports, Olsen had been discharged from an unknown hospital within the past week.
The first public image of Olsen accompanied his post on Google Plus. In it, Olsen's neck could be seen in a brace and a faint bruise was visible above his left eyebrow.
Olsen had received treatment earlier from an injury sustained at the Oct. 25 'Occupy Oakland' protest at Highland Hospital, but a hospital spokesperson said he had been moved to another location at the request of his insurance provider.
The spokesperson also said documentary filmmaker Michael Moore had tried to visit Olsen against the wishes of the hospital and Olsen's family.
oakland, marines, military, occupy wall street, protest, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 42 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 11 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos