Mother arrested at movies for drunk driving
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Daly City woman who was arrested in August for drunken driving and child endangerment after she allegedly crashed into several parked cars with her young daughter in the car, failed to appear at an arraignment in South San Francisco today, the district attorney said.
A warrant will now be issued for the arrest of 42-year-old Sarah Boushey, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said.
On Aug. 19, Boushey had been to see "The Smurfs" at the Century 20 in Daly City with her 4-year-old daughter, according to the district attorney's office.
While she was trying to drive out of the parking lot, witnesses saw Boushey sideswipe two cars and crash into a cement median at the exit booth, Wagstaffe said.
A man who witnessed the crashes approached Boushey's car and tried to talk to her but later said the woman was incoherent, Wagstaffe said.
Police were called, and responding officers claimed Boushey did not answer when they asked her name, Wagstaffe said.
Her daughter reportedly said "Sarah" and then told police that her mother was drunk, according to the district attorney's office.
Officers found a vodka bottle in the woman's purse and took her into custody.
A blood test showed the woman's blood-alcohol level was .35 percent, more than four times the legal limit, Wagstaffe said.
daly city, movies, DUI, peninsula news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 4 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case